Tom Diehl on Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:07:59 -0400

[PLUG] Re: dsl/directv cable alternatives

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 halverson@rbs.org wrote:

> >Since I have DirecTV, I was thinking of going with their net connection
> >and have ordered information (their site is worthless).
>
> DirecTVinternet is bankrupt. FWIW, I went with Megapath, which is one
> of the highest-rated providers on broadband.com, and have not had
> a single outage/issue since I made that decisions. They are a little
> pricey though, 60/month for their lowest ADSL package (600/96 IIRC).

AFAIK the only Internet access DirecTV still offers is DirectWay. This is
their Internet over satellite service. It is expensive, and last time I checked
was only available for windoze. IMO it is only useful if there are no other
alternatives.

FWIW, I am a DirecTV DSL refugee. I went with Speakeasy. For $60.00/mo
you can get 1500/128 with 1 static IP. Their TOS allow you to run servers also.
IIRC They have a package priced at ~50.00/mo but I think it is a dynamic
IP and uses pppoe. :-(

Service and customer support have been excellent.

If you want more info you can go to: http://www.speakeasy.net/refer/194212

--
......Tom		Registered Linux User #14522	http://counter.li.org
tdiehl@rogueind.com	My current SpamTrap ------->	mtd123@rogueind.com