Paul on Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:41:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting Comcast Experience

Jason Wertz wrote:

I'm not sure if this helps but I just did it by accident and it may be a
viable way to reduce your cable modem costs. I cancelled my cable modem
a few months ago because I thought I was moving and really didn't plan
on spending too much time online at home during the summer. Summers over
and I decide to reconnect to Comcast and I haven't moved. I call and
they give me the introductory rate of $19.95 a month until 2004 ($42/mo
after that). That's pretty insane because I'm not a new customer and
really wasn't expecting to get this rate. Now I'm stuck in a moral
dillema and the little devil on my shoulder is telling me to see if this
works again next summer depending on the promotion.

Isn't there a cancellation fee? I would like to take the deal, but I might move within six months. Checking Verizon, their deal works out to the same price for the first year, but the monthly cost is lower after the first year.

Also, I'm not sure if this was discussed before but the netshare program
from speakeasy looks really cool. http://www.speakeasy.net/netshare/

That sounds great! I didn't, however, read enough to find the cost, but I will definately go back for more details!