Sijian Zhou on Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:39:09 -0400

[PLUG] Question about upgrade kernel and root partition

I have RedHat9(kernel 2.4.20-8) installed on my PC. I
find there are bounch of newer version packages
available from RedHat to downloading. So I download
all of them. I find that my PC has dual linux kernel
version. The newer one is kernel 2.4.20-20.9. Both of
them seems working fine.

I have limited / (root) partition. It is even smaller
now. My /boot partition is separate partition from /
(root) partition. How do I delete older kernel to save
some space? Is it any way that I can take some space
from other partition and give it to / (root)
partition? All my partitions have useful data in them.

Thanks
SJ