Bill Patterson on Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:22:04 -0400

[PLUG] special characters on tty display

My problem is trying to get a quote to print as a quote and not a lot of
other characters when I am logging remotely into my RH9 (or other RH)
Linux.  I know this can be done because my webhost does it nicely, but
my installations of RH9 just don't do it.

echo $TERM says vt100. Using xterm on a tty doesn't work well, and I
still have the problem.  Any other ideas? <grin>

Bill