Ruse, Kevin KPSI on Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:46:06 -0400

RE: [PLUG] special characters on tty display

This could be an issue with the character set you are using on your rh9 box
vs the box you are connecting from. On the red hat box you can check
/etc/sysconfig/i18n Then you just need to compare it to the other box.

Kevin Ruse
Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Patterson [mailto:patterson@computer.org]
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 9:36 AM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] special characters on tty display

My problem is trying to get a quote to print as a quote and not a lot of
other characters when I am logging remotely into my RH9 (or other RH)
Linux.  I know this can be done because my webhost does it nicely, but
my installations of RH9 just don't do it.

echo $TERM says vt100. Using xterm on a tty doesn't work well, and I
still have the problem.  Any other ideas? <grin>

Bill