Bill Patterson on Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:31:06 -0400

[PLUG] special characters on tty display

>From: "Ruse, Kevin KPSI" <Kevin.Ruse@phillyshipyard.com>
>To: "'plug@lists.phillylinux.org'" <plug@lists.phillylinux.org>
>Subject: RE: [PLUG] special characters on tty display
>Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 09:43:41 -0400
>
>This could be an issue with the character set you are using on your rh9 box
>vs the box you are connecting from. On the red hat box you can check
>/etc/sysconfig/i18n Then you just need to compare it to the other box.
>
>Kevin Ruse
>Kvaerner Philadelphia Shipyard

Well, this makes the quote come out correctly, but I get the following
warning when I enter "man mail" which is how I test this:

mdoc warning: Using a macro as first argument cancels effect of .Li
(#301)

--Bill