Stephen Gran on Wed, 27 Aug 2003 01:11:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] finding the IP

On Wed, Aug 27, 2003 at 12:29:00AM -0400, Paul said:
> I had a problem sending e-mail using "mail" through cron.  Some e-mail
> servers reject messages without a valid "From:" address.  Has that ever
> been a problem for you?  Is there a way to specify an address?

Environment variable is the easiest - mail respects that.  I have
EMAIL="steve@lobefin.net" in .bashrc

Failing that, your mailserver can rewrite the From: field depending on
username - /etc/email-addresses is the place to do that.
|  Stephen Gran                  | Garbage In -- Gospel Out.               |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |