M.Simons on Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:16:05 -0400

Re: [PLUG] books to review, at meeting

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Douglas Johnson wrote:
> I am not sure I completely understand the concept of a lending library but

Well, PLUG doesn't have a "lending library" in that we don't have a
library (as far as I know) where you can borrow books, only to return them
later.

The books that were posted about by Jeff (and sometimes in the past I
think by others) I believe were sent to us in order for the books to get
read and reviewed, hopefully posting a review and also returning one to
the publisher.  You get them for free, and for yourself for good as long
as you basically commit to reading and reviewing them.

> I can bring the following books that I have finished using.

[finished using? huh? :D ]

> orielly - Web Database Applications with php & mysql.
> hungry minds - Apache server 2 bible

Hmmm sounds good, however, I assume there might be high demand for these
and I don't think I'm going to make it out.

I have some books myself up for grabs, but I'm not really sure anybody
would want very old Cobol, C, or Pascal books.

Someday (soon hopefully) I'll make my computer magazine archive (and more)
available in a reading-room library. . but first I need to raise lots of
money for my nonprofit. . hey, anybody here a grant writer or fundraiser?
How about a patron of the arts? :D

--
msimons@slackware.com INFORMATION*MEDIA*PHOTOGRAPHY msimonsmail@yahoo.com
Creative Arts Resource Project : PTMaterials Exchange : www.pleasetake.org