Craig Brennan on Fri, 5 Sep 2003 10:59:04 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Run High School?

You took the words right out of my mouth.  My wife works for a fairly well-off suburban district, and they have one guy... one guy to handle helpdesk requests for a dozen or so schools.  The IT department consists of one MIS manager, one netadmin (who spends more time troubleshooting than anything else) and one web designer.  And what kind of network do they run?  NT, baby.

So imagine that with the bloated beauracracy and constrained budget that is the Philly School District (even with it's lean, mean facade - CEO instead of superintendent... semantics).  Getting approval for any need after the first year or so when they have to work out all the kinks will be like swimming through mud.
If they doubled my current salary, I wouldn't do it.

Chris Mann <cmann@stonebridgebank.com> wrote:
I feel sorry for the people who have to admin this schools network. I
would imagine most of their time would be spent patching.

Do you Yahoo!?