Adam Turoff on Fri, 5 Sep 2003 11:25:20 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Run High School?

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 09:48:50AM -0400, Chris Mann wrote:
> http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/6691478.htm

I don't know.  It's a lot less half baked than some of the other ideas
that have come from 21st Street.  (Anyone remember Parkway HS?)

It's clearly an experiment.  And it's on Microsoft's dime -- if not in
monetary contributions, then in materials and staff time (training, on-site
support).  I'd rather see Microsoft spend the money and show that PDAs,
WiFi and Tablet PCs don't let students learn more.

Furthermore, this doesn't mention any kind of Comp Sci curriculum.
These days, Microsoft products are the gold standards *as full products*
for the general consumer.  I doubt any student who enters this high school
would have the slightest bit of problem using a Linux-based replacement,
so long as it is at least as easy to use as the product it replaces.

Z.