Bob Schwier on Fri, 5 Sep 2003 22:18:24 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Run High School?

They don't sue precosious fourteen year olds.  They sue the district.
This is what they have done before.  Shall I tell you the response I
got when I tried to install Linux on a perfectly working machine for
which they had lost their legitamate licence for Windows 95?
It was amazing.  All I had to do to make the damned thing work was
to be able to make my installed free license system talk to their
network.  They would not let me in.
They were rather huffy about it.
It was implied that I was only doing this to create a machine for
myself, at a school I wasn't going to be working at the next year.
I thought I was doing something charitable, but then they knew it
was only for selfish reasons.
bs