Art Clemons on Sat, 6 Sep 2003 18:30:23 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Run High School?

emailme@dpagin.net wrote:
All RedHat would have to do is donate a set a CDs and send out a RHCE to do installs on the existing computers.

(Oh, and fight a legal battle against M$. One task is inexpensive and easy compared to the other task. So, if M$ is going to cost a lot in terms of money and trouble, we might as well get something in return...Window$. What a clever strategy.)

I'm missing something here, just how can Microsoft actually legally ban the introduction of a second operating system on a computer a school system owns? What putative rights are you assigning? Admittedly if Microsoft owned the computers, it could ban the 2nd OS, but otherwise, it's on shaky ground indeed. If MS wants to try banning the installation of a 2nd OS as part of its EULA, the easy solution is to install the other OS first. I don't understand this fear of MS or its being pushed as the devil from Redmond. It's a large corporation with all of the flaws that large corporations show.