Bob Schwier on Sun, 7 Sep 2003 21:57:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Microsoft Run High School?

They have already done just that.  At the school I was at last year,
the woman who actually maintained the computers left in tears because
of the tyranny of the woman who was in charge of the computers.
I ran against her when I tried to do a Linux install on a machine that
had a trashed Win95 and legal way to repair it.
The install went smoothly until I had to ask for the necessary information
to connect this machine to their net.  She accused me of having some
purely selfish agenda to do this act of desecration against Bill Gates.
I could only gape in wonder.  I was doing this as a favor on a job that
I was leaving the next day.  What personal use could I get out of this
machine except the satisfaction that I turned a piece of junk into
something usable?
bs