Will Dyson on Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:48:05 -0400

RE: [PLUG] Kernel Troubles

On Fri, 2003-09-05 at 14:22, Bradley Molnar wrote:
> ok, thanks.  I don't know enough about the kernel to know all of the stuff
> that happened.
>
> I might try upgrading to 2.4.21 or 2.4.22.  Right now it is running the
> redhat kernel that comes with RH9.  The main reason being that this machine
> has an nVidia video card and I am lazy.

Redhat is usually really good about getting fixes from newer kernels
into their kernel packages. If they have an update out, I'd try that
first.

Also, I'd boot to single user mode and fsck all your filesystems before
blaming a kernel bug. Unless you enjoy compiling and upgrading kernels,
of course :)

--
Will Dyson
"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" -Dr. Peter Venkman