Stephen Gran on Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:18:11 -0400

Re: [PLUG] comprehensive apt-get

On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 02:56:12PM -0400, Jesse Huestis said:
> Hi:
>
> I attended the first part of the last PLUG meeting and had to leave
> before the end.  SOmeone brought up a tool similar to apt-get which
> gave additional related applications to be install in conjunction.  I
> can not for the life of me remember what the command was.

Any of aptitude, dselect, feta, wajig. (and then there are the gnome and
kde variants of some of them)  I'm probably missing some, but in my
experience aptitude is the best of the first 3.  I haven't played with
wajig yet.

HTH,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Unix weanies are as bad at this as      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | anyone.              -- Larry Wall in   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | <199702111730.JAA28598@wall.org>        |