Walt Mankowski on Wed, 10 Sep 2003 10:51:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] comprehensive apt-get

On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 10:23:08AM -0400, Jesse Huestis wrote:
> aptitude was the one I was looking for, thanks.
>
> BTW, is it standard on most distros or is it an add on?

I doubt it, since most distros don't use Debian's packaging system.
It's hard to see how one would use aptitude on a standard Red Hat
install, for instance.

I'm not even sure if it's part of the base Debian install yet, but
then I'm sort of fuzzy on what gets installed by default.  My basic
strategy is to do a minimal install and then apt-get things as needed.

Walt