Alex Birch on Sat, 13 Sep 2003 02:33:45 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Interesting Outsourcing Article...

> When the United States produces nothing but
> executives and their servents, what happens on that glorious day
> that the people of India and China figure out that they don't need
> the American executives?
When would they get American VC without American Executives. Fortunately
there is not a critical mass in India or China, otherwise the USA would
matter.

> Will the U.S. become a backwater like China did when the empire
> collapsed?
Perhaps some day, but as long as we have $$$ We'll be a power.

> Maybe we should think about how we are going to fix things now
> before our problems get any worse.
Perhaps pure CS isn't an answer. There are many companies like seimens
that are paying $$$ to chemists who can program.

My friend had an interesting article, as soon as he scans it I'll post it
here. It talks about how the demand for programmers will raise as the baby
boomers start to retire. I'm not sure about this, but it's at least an
idea.

Cheers,
Alex