M.Simons on Thu, 18 Sep 2003 06:11:23 -0400

[PLUG] Highschool Tech Career Event Oct

From: Robin Brennan <Robin.Brennan@trfund.com>

  I invite you to support TechiesDay 2003 to help promote career
awareness, IT readiness and achievement among high school students
and educators as well as recognize technology professionals that have
made an impact on the world of education.

  BEST, the School District of Philadelphia, and the Philadelphia
Academies is working together in collaboration with the Chester
County Information Technology Action Group (ITAG) to bring together
employers and high school students on Wednesday, October 29th, 2003.

  Employers will host high school students from technology programs
for a few hours to learn about their organization's technology and
professional tech careers.  Last year, 36 companies hosted over 600
students at their organizations.  Please help make this year an even
bigger success!

  Employers can be involved by

* Becoming a host for area high school students for a 3-4 hour
   educational program
* Having someone from your firm participate in one of the educational
   programs
* Donating company promotional items that we give to the students
   (pens, pads, tradeshow giveaways, t-shirts, etc.)
* Providing a monetary donation for "TechiesDay 2003" t-shirts that
   will list all sponsors
Please contact BEST at BEST@trfund.com to participate.

Robin Brennan
Program Director