Jeffrey J. Nonken on Thu, 18 Sep 2003 07:36:13 -0400

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [PLUG] [OT] Where to get adapters for British outlets?

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:53:37 -0400, William H. Magill wrote:
>Only one Caveat -- make certain that the adapter you get is the
>"modern" type... where the "neutral" slot is larger than the "hot"
>(U.S. side). Many Adapters have only two "matched" slots on the
>side, and those won't work with the plugs on most contemporary
>electronics, but are still found on things like clock-radios that are
>more than about 5 years old. (When the US Code requirements changed.)

The name for that is "polarized."

Jeffrey J. Nonken

Philadelphia Linux Users Group        --
Announcements -
General Discussion  --