Tom on Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:28:05 -0400

[Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [PLUG] Where to buy hobbyist electronics parts?

On Monday 22 September 2003 22:45, kaze wrote:
> I want to build a mixing board. Three inputs and three outputs with a 1/8"
> plug and logarithmic stereo slider for each. One input from my desktop, one
> from my laptop, and one aux; one output to my speakers, one to headphones,
> and one aux. A visit to a Radio Shack store was unproductive, nothing
> interesting on the walls, no catalogue for me to take home, and I didn't
> even bother to ask the staff anything. I did not find the radio shack web
> site helpful either insofar as seachability.
> Any suggestions on where to shop (on-line) for the pots, enclosure, zener
> diodes?
> Any EE types able to tell me if I need zeners to keep the flow one way, if
> that's even the right component name, and what size to get for audio use?
> - Zake

The suggestions for parts sources are pretty much your best bet.  If you want 
to mix audio from three sources and then output to three sources, you need 
some kind of buffer amp/power amp combo.  Zener diodes are for voltage 
regulation or over voltage protection.  I'll dig around and see if I can find 
any schematics for what you want to do.


Philadelphia Linux Users Group        --
Announcements -
General Discussion  --