Kam Salisbury on Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:25:16 -0400

[PLUG] OT: Stratford Tech Talk no more...

Though the website is not updated, the long running Stratford University
Tech Talk show has been cancelled by its host WMAL. On September 22nd I
received an newsletter from Doc, the show's main figure regarding the show's
demise.

>All Good Things Must Come to An End
>The last Tech Talk show was broadcast on August 30, 2003. David Burd and I
have been downloaded for >the last time into the Tech Talk studio. The last
show has been compressed and uploaded to the
>Internet. The lights in "virtual faculty lounge" at Stratford have now been
turned.
>This newsletter is being sent to over 7,000 listeners to thank them for
their support and
>encouragement over the past four years.
>
>Sincerely,
>Doc

The email goes on to say that the show itself may continue on another
station in another incarnation. Personally, I am sad to see one of the
better, Internet accessible computer related talk shows come to an end. You
can grab the last show as well as many of the past shows via their website
at http://www.stratford.edu/techtalk.html

There are some other shows I regularly download to my mp3 player and listen
to during my daily train commute. Here are my links:
http://www.2600.com/offthehook/archive_ra.html
http://www.compbeat.com/
http://www.webtalkguys.com/

Do you have a link to a computer related show you would like to share?
(available via Internet in mp3 format please).

-
Kam Salisbury
http://kamsalisbury.com