Stephen Gran on Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:17:12 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Seriously broken Debian package manager

On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 09:01:49PM -0400, Jeff Abrahamson said:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 05:19:04PM -0400, Mike Leone wrote:
> > things like "dpkg-preconfigure - line 3 BEGIN not found"
> > many other errors on other lines, things like "qq comand not found"
>
> I had something like this once, turned out to be that root had a bad
> path and wasn't finding the perl stuff it needed. It was very
> blatantly bad, like PATH=/bin:/usr/bin (no sbin stuff, etc.).

I think the qq and BEGIN points to failing at parsing perl script, which
means that something's wrong with his perl install.  Hopefully he can
work it out.

|  Stephen Gran                  | He is now rising from affluence to      |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | poverty.   -- Mark Twain                |