W. Chris Shank on Tue, 30 Sep 2003 21:47:06 -0400

Re: [PLUG] Apple MAC recovery

Guess you aren't going to be my ride then:(

I doubt you'll have much luck getting linux to read the HFS partition -
I think it can be done - maybe in only a readable fasion. I tried it
when I was dual booting on my mac - but I remember it wasn't terribly
successful.

I have a mac box we can stick the disk in if you get desperate.

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 21:24, Jesse Huestis wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I have a client with a MAC OS 10.x and they have seriously crashed.
>  Normally, I would take the hard drive and put it in a Linux or Evil
> empire computer and recover the data they needed.  Has anyone taken a
> MAC drive  and put it successfully into a Linux box and been able to
> recover data?
>
> If so, any direction or links would be appreciated.
>
> I will not be at the meeting unless it rains.  I forgot about my
> daughters soccer game which I am coaching.
>
> Jesse
>
> Jesse

W. Chris Shank
ACE Technology Group, LLC