W. Chris Shank on 16 Oct 2003 13:03:02 -0400

Re: [PLUG] X server bpp 8

How do I start the local server at a higher depth? I read something
about color maps and colors being used up.

output:
xdpyinfo | grep depth
    depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
    depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
    depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
    depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
    depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
  depths (7):    16, 1, 4, 8, 15, 24, 32
  depth of root window:    16 planes
    depth:    16 planes
    depth:    16 planes