Paul . L . Snyder on 17 Oct 2003 15:05:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] X server bpp 8

"W. Chris Shank" <chris.shank@acetechgroup.com> wrote on 10/17/2003:

> Nope. VNC doesn't support local sound or CD/Floppy access the way the
> RDP or ICA protocol does.
> On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 13:49, Paul wrote:
> > W. Chris Shank wrote:
> >
> > >That's nice - but that doesn't meet my needs of serving a Windows
> > >desktop to a linux computer.
> > >

> > Then VNC is the next logical choice.

You might take a look at ThinSoft's WinConnect product.  It's
commercial, and not particularly cheap, though.

http://www.thinsoftinc.com/products_winconnect_info.html

A license is ~$100.  Never used it, just saw it demonstrated at
LinuxWorld, last year.  Actually, I saw it demonstrated on an iPAQ
running Linux, which was what caught my attention.  Don't know if
it handles sound.

HTH,
Paul Snyder