Bill Patterson on 20 Oct 2003 00:14:02 -0400

[PLUG] Oracle

Is anyone running Oracle?  I am trying my first install of Oracle (on
RH9 Linux) and am hung up with the following errors

ORA-01034 Oracle Not available
ORA-27101 Shared memory realm doesn't exist
LINUX ERROR2: no such file or directory

They don't happen until after the install and a reboot.  Oracle ran fine
before I rebooted, so I think the problem is with the parameters that I
set being reset on reboot.  I was able to make most of them behave and
persist, but not all, as semopm would not cooperate.

Bill