gabriel rosenkoetter on 20 Oct 2003 08:00:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] random delivery times

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 07:19:16AM -0400, Tobias DiPasquale wrote:
> Have you ever gotten a reply from a post before you received the post
> itself on this list? Happens to me all the time.

And it probably happens to everyone in your domain all the time.
This is officially a misconfiguration:

cbcg.net mail is handled (pri=0) by mx2.swarthy.mail.dreamhost.net
cbcg.net mail is handled (pri=0) by mx1.swarthy.mail.dreamhost.net

That means that the sending SMTP is left to choose randomly between
those to mail exchangers.

I presume they synchronize at some point, but apparently that's less
frequent than "every two hours", judging by your time loss between
messages, so not all that frequent.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net