Walt Mankowski on 23 Oct 2003 13:35:03 -0400

Re: [PLUG] OT: Wireless Hot Spots

On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:08:46PM -0400, Kam Salisbury wrote:
> Before I load up net stumbler and war walk the area, is anyone aware of
> open access wireless 802.11b hot spots in the vicinity of 34th & Market St
> or 36th & Walnut St in Philadelphia?

I was in the Penn Bookstore at 36th and Walnut a few months ago and
was able to get on the wireless from the Cosi next door.  It's not
free, but it's much less expensive than T-Mobile.  I think it was on
the order of $5 for a 24 hour trial.

Coverage was a bit spotty there.  I suspect it would have been much
better if I'd actually been in Cosi. :)

> I do not think the starbucks at 34th & Walnut has wireless at all.

Hmm, I thought they all had T-Mobile these days...

Walt