Art Clemons on 30 Oct 2003 09:50:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] NIC driver installation howto? (newbieish level help needed)

The first NIC was a LNE-100TX (I have two of these.) On
http://www.linksys.com/download/driver.asp?dlid=2&osid=7 I matched my card
to the one labeled "LINKSYS is printed on card's CPU chip" and updated
"10/98" and downloaded the two floppies. Google lead me to some pages saying
to use the drivers off disk two, but the closest thing I see is SCOUNIX...

Uh, this NIC normally runs under the tulip family, if it's not compiled into the kernel, it's often supplied as a module (insmod tulip). Of course if your NIC is detected, then you might have to give it a little help. For example what information does ifconfig eth0 give? Unless you're getting your IP address assigned by dhcp, you might have to assign an IP address that fits within the range of whatever you're trying to reach with the NIC.