Stephen Gran on 4 Nov 2003 15:20:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Re: [PLUG]Debian install WAS RH EOL

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 02:58:17PM -0500, Jon Nelson said:
> > Stephen Gran said:
> >> I know that one of the install cds contains multiple kernel versions -
> >> there it is.  cd 1 is supposed to be a multi-boot cd - there is some
> >> option (f2?) to list the various boot parameters when you get the boot:
> >> prompt.  Choose the bf2.4 kernel, and you'll install a 2.4 kernel ,which
> >> I'm fairly sure contains the driver for that card.
>
> According to the install manual you can pick from idepci, vanilla,
> compact, bf24 and type it at the "boot:" prompt.  When I typed bf24 I got
> "Could not find kernel image: bf24".  That was with the 3.0 netinstall
> image.
>
> Also according to the manual disk 5 will boot the bf24 image.
>
> I dl it and see what happens.

Right - I think the multiboot cd is only the regular install cd - not
the netboot one.  Hopefullycd 5 will work fo you, so you don't to
redownload another.  *sigh* - I wish the documentation wasa little
better with the installation process for Debian, but I suppose there's
little incentive to better document an almost deprecated installer,
especially in an all volunteer organization.  Sorry about that.

|  Stephen Gran                  | Your society will be sought by people   |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | of taste and refinement.                |