gabriel rosenkoetter on 17 Nov 2003 12:12:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] editing pdf, ps

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:59:58AM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> Yes, Gabe, but that glosses over a lot of complexity. ;-)

What complexity?

Dude:

show (Do Not Distribute)

Done.

Now, if you're making it more complex by wanting it on every page,
as a header, in a particular font, or whatever, that's your fault.
;^> Check our JWZ's tape/CD labeler; I think it does some of the
kind of manipulations you may want. (I know that his version of my
leave-out-words hack does headers and footers wrapped around input
PS documents, but I haven't got his permission to pass it out.)

PDF isn't, btw, quite so easily editable as real PostScript. (It
does dumb things to obfuscate what should be plain text within the
file, in my experience. They don't work, of course, to actually make
the text uneditable, but it's kind of irritating.)

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net