Paul . L . Snyder on 17 Nov 2003 12:23:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] editing pdf, ps

"Jeff Abrahamson" <jeff@purple.com>  wrote on 11/17/2003 11:59:58 AM:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 11:23:52AM -0500, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:
> >   [18 lines, 62 words, 576 characters]  Top characters: teoripnw
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 10:02:19AM -0500, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
> > > I want to edit a postscript (or pdf) file for which I don't have the
[..]
> > PostScript is plain text. Just open it in an editor.

> Yes, Gabe, but that glosses over a lot of complexity. ;-)
> Indeed, I have found that my attempts to edit postscript or PDF
> generally result in broken files.  Of course, I already knew of your
> expertise in this area.

If you're looking for something programmatic that can deal with
PDFs, try PDF::API2

     http://pdfapi2.sourceforge.net/

I haven't mucked with it much, but it looks like it might do what
you are looking for.  The documentation is copious but undirected.

pls