Art Clemons on 18 Nov 2003 08:15:03 -0500

Re: [PLUG] editing pdf, ps

I feel like I ought to be able to do something like this with some
unix tool.  I've seen that the authoring-enabled version of acrobat
can do this with pdf's.  But I haven't turned up anything that can do
this for me.

If you don't mind using Kword and a little compiling of the PDF import filter for the KOffice suite, you can use Kword to open the KDF and convert it to something you can edit with then export. It uses some of the code from Xpdf and if it's password protected, you need the password.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kpdfimport/

for the import filter.