Chris on 18 Nov 2003 10:43:02 -0500

RE: [PLUG] kernel parameters for memory usage?

Newer kenerls now have an option for large memory support. I ran into
this too when I upgraded to more than a gig. I had to set the kernel
memory support to 2+gig.

What kernel are you using?   2.4.21 high supports starts at 4gig, older
kernels high support is 1gig

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org
[mailto:plug-admin@lists.phillylinux.org] On Behalf Of Mattison, Jacob
Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2003 10:19 AM
To: 'plug@lists.phillylinux.org'
Subject: [PLUG] kernel parameters for memory usage?

Hi, folks.

I'm running RedHat 9 on a Dell PowerEdge server that supposedly has 2
Gig of
RAM.  However, when I run "top", the total memory listed is about 1 Gig.
Is
there something I can do, perhaps kernel parameters in grub.conf or
elsewhere, to get it to access all of the memory?  Please oh please
don't
tell me I need to recompile the kernel..... :)

Thanks very much,

Jacob Mattison