Mike Leone on 3 Dec 2003 09:57:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Problems removing gnome-session2 from Debian testing

Stephen Gran (steve@lobefin.net) had this to say on 12/02/03 at 21:01:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 02:54:53PM -0500, Mike Leone said:
> > Hit another snag, when removing the GNOME stuff.
> >
> > Removing gnome-session2 ...
> > update-alternatives: --slave only allowed with --install
> >  Apparently, the package post-install script is busted somehow, and this
> > package won't remove. And it's blocking me from removing other packages
> > (because apt stops at that point).
> >
> > "apt-get -f" isn't helping; I'm a bit leery about "--force-yes". I can't
> > even reinstall the silly thing:
>
> $EDITOR /var/lib/dpkg/info/gnome-session2.{pre,post}rm and remove the
> call to update-alternatives or fix it and submit a bug with patch :)

It's so nice having developers on the list, who know the little details about all
these processes ... and how to get them to work right. :-)

That was it - I edited out the call in the .prerm script, and away it went.

Thanks!