Jon Nelson on 3 Dec 2003 15:43:02 -0500

[PLUG] gettext, PHP and Debian

Well my migration is complete for the most part and I am happily running
Debian with just a few problems.

I am trying to get gettext working with PHP and I can't figure it out.

Specifically I am trying to test translations for a Squirrelmail plugin.
It worked on my RedHat box, but I can't get it to work in Debian.

I am using:

Debian           testing
kernel           2.4.22-1-386
apache           1.3.27.0-2
PHP4             4.1.2-6woody3 (gettext enabled)
gettext          0.12.1-8
gettext-base     0.12.1-8
libc6            2.3.2.ds1-10

I ran 'dpkg-reconfigure locales' and added the locals I needed restarted
apache, but it still didn't work.

TIA,

Jon
--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation