Paul on 3 Dec 2003 16:48:02 -0500

Re: WPA (was Re: [PLUG] Ports needed to use Samba or MS networking functions)

Kevin Brosius wrote:

Paul wrote:

The use of WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) sounds like another good alternative if the hardware supports it.

This was news to me, so I did a little reading... Here's an article with recommendations on passphrase usage and some cautions for WPA.

Thanks for that info! I guess we're back to VPNs. I've played with Free S/WAN between GNU/Linux systems. If it were easier to get a Window$ client going I would only allow VPN traffic over my wireless link.