Jon Nelson on 5 Dec 2003 14:21:03 -0500

[PLUG] missing files w/ apt-get

I am using the sarge feed for apt-get and I just installed pure-ftpd.
There are some files that according to the documentation are supposed to
be there but are not.  Specifically, some example .conf files and a perl
script.  I tried to reinstall with the same results.  Any ideas?

Also I was trying to install tripwire but could not find the package in
any of my feeds:

    deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sarge main
    deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sarge main

    deb http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sarge non-free
    deb-src http://mirrors.kernel.org/debian/ sarge non-free

    deb http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian-non-US/ sarge non-US/main
    deb-src http://ftp.se.debian.org/debian-non-US/ sarge non-US/main

I saw it located is some pool/ directories on some servers.  I understand
what pool/ is for but what branch are the files in them from?  Here is one
that I found:

    http://ftp.freenet.de/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/t/tripwire/

Is this ok to use with sarge?

TIA,

Jon
--
Trooper Jon S. Nelson, Linux Certified Admin., CCNA
Pa. State Police, Bureau of Criminal Investigation