Stephen Gran on 11 Dec 2003 19:57:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Puzzling networking problem

On Thu, Dec 11, 2003 at 02:03:59PM -0500, Mark Dominus said:

> I have a recurring network problem.  Packets addressed to one or
> another of my static addresses will just stop arriving.

Switch to dhcp.  I had exactly the same problem a few weeks ago, and
after much trouble shooting and frustration, I gave it a shot.  It works
great, has been perfectly stable, and provides a static IP.  See the
other responses in a later thread for the details.

|  Stephen Gran                  | <KatanaJ> Note on a chem lab fridge-    |
|  steve@lobefin.net             | "This refrigerator is not explosion-    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | proof".                                 |