Gyoza on 23 Dec 2003 01:52:02 -0500

Re: [PLUG] Linux System Hardware??

Jesse Huestis wrote:

I find myself needing to spend some money on hardware before the end of the year. Got to love creative accounts. Anyway, I was thinking of buying barbones system or a motherboard, a CPU or 2 and a bit of RAM. I have up to $800, and really don't know what is hot these days. Now I doubt any of you out there have an opinion. La la. Thanks in advance.

With $800 to spend I would look into some of the faster AMD CPU(s), maybe one or more Serial ATA drives, an nVIDIA video card, and a flat panel display.

I prefer CRTs, but the space saving and portability of a flat panel display are big benefits.