Best, Justin (Contractor)(DAPS) on 23 Dec 2003 08:35:03 -0500

RE: [PLUG] Linux System Hardware??

AMD has released the 512k l2 version of the athlon64 for around $200 if you
want to go 64bit.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jesse Huestis [mailto:jhuestis@comcast.net]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 9:59 PM
To: plug@lists.phillylinux.org
Subject: [PLUG] Linux System Hardware??

Happy Holidays all:

I have so enjoyed being on this list this year and learning and
hopefully helping others once in a while.  I am still learning Linux and
love the things I pickup here.

I find myself needing to spend some money on hardware before the end of
the year.  Got to love creative accounts.  Anyway, I was thinking of
buying barbones system or a motherboard, a CPU or 2 and a bit of RAM.  I
have up to $800, and really don't know what is hot these days.

Now I doubt any of you out there have an opinion.  La la.  Thanks in
advance.