Mike Chirico on 5 Jan 2004 02:50:02 -0000

[PLUG] Recommended Reading

1. "Advanced Linux Programming", by Mark Mitchell,
Jeffrey Oldham, and Alex Samuel, of CodeSourcery.
http://www.advancedlinuxprogramming.com/alp-folder

It's free. I highly recommend this book. It has a lot of good
examples of writing programs that work with  Processes, Pipes,
Message Queues, Shared Memory etc. It also details a complete
application "Web Server" that dynamically serves up pages.

2. "Interprocess Communications in Linux: The Nooks & Crannies",
John Shapley Gray.

This book covers a lot of what was in the book above, but using C++
instead of C, and the topics go into  more depth. It focuses on
Red Hat Linux.   A great read for learning how it take advantage
of you system. This book was published in January of 2003.  I think
it sells for $38?

Regards,

Mike Chirico