Stephen Gran on 5 Jan 2004 19:42:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] xf86config

On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 02:42:14PM -0500, admin admin said:
> ok. the dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86  got me a little further on.
> at least it didn't crash right away this time. new error messages
> indicate a problem w "screen" ...? hmmm.
>
> what is weird, is that i have no problem installing xwindows using the
> old potato. i'll keep ya posted if i can get this working.

Potato used X v.3, Woody uses X v4.1.something.  Move your old
XF86Config out of the way, as uit is likely causing some [rpblems, and
try again.  The config file formats are incompatible.
|  Stephen Gran                  | It's later than you think.              |
|  steve@lobefin.net             |                                         |