Jeff Abrahamson on 5 Jan 2004 23:11:01 -0000

[PLUG] distributing work

I have several machines at my disposal to do a large but easily
dividable task.  I have a shared filesystem between the machines.  The
thing that drives the work is a shell script.

I can think of some ad hoc ways to manage distributing the work, but
I'm wondering if there's a simple solution that others use.

I'm aware of complicated ways to share work (beowulf, etc.).

--
 Jeff