sean finney on 9 Jan 2004 16:02:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] changing stdout in a script

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:54:22AM -0500, mjd-lists-plug@plover.com wrote:
> sean finney <seanius@seanius.net>:
> >
> > --cNdxnHkX5QqsyA0e
> >
> > On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 11:46:52PM -0500, Mark Dominus wrote:
> > > 'script' is mainly for recording interactive sessions and other
> > > conversations that require a terminal.
> >
> > and what you'd really want to use in such a situation is nohup(1),
>
> I don't think so.  'nohup' is just as useless for recording
> interactive sessions as redirecting the session to a file would be,

oh, my bad.  i must have misread the original email and thought he
*wanted* a noninteractive way!

> Although recent versions of 'nohup' automatically save the command

what exactly qualifies for 'recent'?  long as i've known nohup it's done that
for me, but perhaps my idea of recent and the BSD code base's idea of
recent are two different things :)  anyway, that's good to know, thanks
for pointing it out.

	sean