McLinux on 10 Jan 2004 17:33:01 -0000

[PLUG] Installing Debian Linux

Hello List,

I would like to install Debian Linux on my PC. However the problem is, I
am a total newbie for Debian. I have used RedHat, Mandrake flavor of
Linux for years, but never ever tried Debian. Couple of weeks back, I
went ahead with installing it. Its installation process totally
intrigued me.  Whatever options that made sense me to me, I applied them
and went ahead with installation. However when the installation was
over, to much of my disappointment or may be ignorance, I could not find
my graphics card detected. The sound card and other devices were as well
not detected.

I am pretty sure that I may not have gone correctly on my journey to
installing Debian linux. And I guess I should yell for "Help". So is
there a way, a pointer to install Debian. I am not asking for any easy
task, but yet something that yields result.

TIA.

Regards,
McLinux

--
... If everybody minded their own business, the world would go around a deal faster. -- The Duchess, "Through the Looking Glass"