jazzman on 16 Jan 2004 17:35:03 -0000

[PLUG] Equipment, anyone?

Hi all,

Appologies in advance if I'm violating a rule of posting, but I didn't see
anything about it in the FAQ. If I am, just delete this post and let me
know not to do it again and I will stop.

I'm a longtime linux user (at least 8 years...) and I've always been
amused by the number of platforms you can get linux to run on (And I've
tried a ton of them, trust me). I had a habit of collecting non-intel
equipment and now I think it should be headed to good homes since I don't
have the time to use it anymore and I'm posting most of it on ebay but I
have a problem with ONE item. It's a vrt19-da DIGITAL monitor... it's got
the 5 bnc connectors the back, no standard VGA. It's from a DECSTATION
5000/240 and I don't think I could sell it on ebay because shipping will
EASILY be $100 for it (it's massive and heavy and takes up a ton of room).

It runs great though, and I hate to see it wasted. If anyone is interested
in it, let me know and we can talk about it off of the list. I'm not
trying to sell it for a bazillion dollars... heck I'll listen to ANY offer
(and yes, "if you get no other offers by date xyz I will take it off of
your hands but i won't pay you, you stupid moron" is an acceptable
offer!). I just want to make room for an aquarium and with this monitor on
my desk there is none... I figured if I offered it to someone in the
philadelphia area we can meet somewhere and transfer it that way rather
than burdening the post office with this bizarrely large monitor. I've
also got a few SPARC machines if anyone is interested, but we can talk
offline.

Again, I'm sorry if I violated any rules about posting and if I did,
please no flames, just a simple "please don't do that" and it won't happen
again. Contact me at this address if you're interested.

Thanks all
Marc