epike on 20 Jan 2004 22:06:02 -0000

Re: [PLUG] more thoughts on usb flash drives

speaking of those usb drives, i have one of those
compact flash reader that attaches to usb.
Now i also built myself a serial pushbutton
with LED lights indicator and used thte button
to trigger launch a perl program (i've copied
the wiring diagram from the internet).  Teh perl
program gobbles whatever jpg files are in the
card.  The result is i have a headless server
which i can load my digital camera card
into.  pictures are served by ftp, samba
and web.

thought i'd like to share that.  I'd have
worked on a lcd display on the server too if
i had enough time...

e pike