eric@lucii.org on 20 Jan 2004 23:19:01 -0000

Re: [PLUG] more thoughts on usb flash drives

On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 05:05:28PM -0500, epike wrote:
> speaking of those usb drives, i have one of those
> compact flash reader that attaches to usb.
> Now i also built myself a serial pushbutton
> with LED lights indicator and used thte button
> to trigger launch a perl program (i've copied
> the wiring diagram from the internet).  Teh perl
> program gobbles whatever jpg files are in the
> card.  The result is i have a headless server
> which i can load my digital camera card
> into.  pictures are served by ftp, samba
> and web.
>
> thought i'd like to share that.  I'd have
> worked on a lcd display on the server too if
> i had enough time...
>
> e pike
>

> On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 16:24:56 -0500
> sean finney <seanius@seanius.net> wrote:

Could you share that diagram/site with us and tell how you get the perl
program to run from the serial input?  I'd like to use something similar
for downloading pictures from my digital camera.

TIA

Eric

--
#  Eric Lucas
#     "Oh, I have slipped the surly bond of earth