Arthur S. Alexion on 23 Jan 2004 18:56:02 -0000

[PLUG] mozilla 1.5 speed

I'm using two older (about 500 megahertz) machines with 64 mb memory each, and a very old 75 mHz machine with 48 mb.

When upgrading from mozilla 1.4 to 1.5, and consequently disabling multizilla, I got a huge speed increase. Multizilla is really nice, but seems to have a huge price.

Surprisingly, on the fastest (relatively speaking) machine, mozilla is unusably slow under KDE, but really zips in gnome (which I don't really like) and window maker. Everything else (including open office) seems to work reasonable fast in KDE on this machine.

Similar experiences? explanations? adjustments?